I saw Sarah answer these questions about her high school days earlier this month and thought that it would be a fun post! I went to high school in Charlotte and really loved all 4 years of it!
1. did you date someone from your school?
No I didn't. But in college I dated a friend from high school.
2. did you marry someone from your high school?
Nope! Patrick isn't even from my home town!
3. did you car pool to school?
Not usually. Occasionally before I got my license I would carpool with a neighbor but more often than not my mom would take and pick me up. Once I got my license I drove myself!
4. What kind of car did you have?
I had my dads forest green Jeep Grand Cherokee.
5. What kind of car do you have now?
A Tahoe. Total #momcar
6. its friday night. football games or party?
Football games, followed by meeting everyone at Ben and Jerrys and then usually a sleep over at my house.
7. It is Saturday night?
I was typically hanging out with friends, maybe going to dinner or a movie and then probably another sleep over at either my house or one of my girlfriends.
8. What kind of job did you have in high school?
I didn't work during the school year but each summer I was a camp counselor at Camp Hollymont. I wouldn't call this work because I went for years and years and some of my best friends today I met there!
9. What kind of job do you have now?
After college I was an elementary school teacher but after I had Jack in 2013 I became a stay at home mom!
10. Were you a party animal?
Nope. Not in the least.
11. Were you considered a flirt?
12. Were you in band, orchestra, or choir?
None of them! It wasn't a requirement so I didn't do any!
13. Were you a nerd?
No, I don't think so!
14. Did you get suspended or expelled?
Never! I definitely was not a rule breaker in the least.
15. Can you sing the fight song?
I can't even remember if we had one! How sad is that.
16. Who was/were your favorite teachers?
I loved all my teachers, but my favorites were Mr. Taylor, who taught me math! He was everyones favorite! I also loved Mrs. Bard, Mrs. Clark..I really could go on!
17. Where did you sit during lunch?
I can't remember! I think it varied by day. Senior year we would sit outside or in the senior lounge.
18. What was your school's full name?
Providence Day School
19. When did you graduate?
2004.. Which I really can't believe it was that long ago! Some days I feel like I just graduated and can't believe I'm 31 with 2 of my own kids!
20. What was your school mascot?
The PDS Chargers!
21. If you could go back and do it again, would you?
Yes, I loved high school! I loved my friends, the teachers, other than the school work I really had the best time!
22. Did you have fun at prom?
Yes, I did! Prom was fun both my Junior and Senior year.
23. Do you still talk to the person you went to prom with?
I don't talk to them, but I do follow them on social media! It's fun to see what they are up to! Both are married now!
24. Are you planning on going to your next reunion?
If my girlfriends go I will probably go! My parents still live in my hometown and most of my girlfriends from high school live there so more than likely we will end up going.
25. Do you still talk to people from school?
I do! I have a great group of high school girlfriends that I talk to frequently. We were just talking about planning a fun girls getaway weekend. It's fun to see how we have all gone through different stages of life since high school. Most of us are now married and several of us have had at least one baby. I'm so thankful for this group of girls and love that all these years later we are still close!
So I was trying to find some photos from high school but those were the days before iPhones and social media (gasp!) so all I could find were some from our college days, which is probably a good thing. High school was full of awkward moments and terrible outfits! Also would you believe it but I am a natural blonde! My secret is finally out :) I didn't have one of us all together but
*Linking up with Beth and Jen